Choosing the right retirement home is a major decision for you and your family. One factor to consider when choosing a retirement home is the level of care and support available. Assisted living services play a pivotal role in ensuring that residents receive the care they need while maintaining their independence and a good quality of life.
Here’s just a few of the key services that we offer at Thorek Retirement Home in Chicago.
Housekeeping and Maintenance Services
Maintaining a clean, comfortable living environment is crucial for the well-being of seniors living in retirement communities. Many retirement homes, like ours, offer housekeeping and maintenance services that include:
- Regular cleaning of residents’ apartments or suites.
- Laundry and linen services (extra charges apply). We also offer self-serve laundry facilities.
- Routine maintenance and repairs, ensuring that the living spaces are safe and functional.
Retirement homes understand that maintaining an active and engaged lifestyle is essential for seniors’ mental and emotional well-being. To support this, our Chicago retirement home offers transportation services that include:
- Scheduled transportation to grocery stores and shopping centers.
- Coordinated transportation for group outings and social activities.
Thorek Retirement Home in Chicago is conveniently located next door to Thorek Memorial Hospital’s Andersonville facility, making medical care easily accessible day and night, no transportation required.
Personal Care and Assistance
Assisted living services extend to personal care and assistance with activities of daily living. At Thorek Retirement Home, these services include:
- 3 delicious meals daily (special diets accommodated).
- Beauty & barber shop services available.
- Safety deposit boxes.
- Diverse activities & outings.
Retirement homes employ trained caregivers and staff members who are skilled in providing compassionate and respectful care, ensuring that residents’ daily needs are met with dignity and sensitivity.
Supportive Services Floors
When daily activities become difficult for older adults, we extend a helping hand by offering more assistance in our supportive service floors (for an additional fee). Residents with additional needs always have available care-giving professionals to assist with life’s necessities.
- 24-hour licensed nursing care with nurse’s aids.
- Bathing & dressing assistance.
- Personal laundry services.
- Medication management.
If you want to tour our Chicago retirement community, we would love to show you around! Call us at (773) 989-1501 to schedule a tour today!